Multi-site oncology practice improves quality of care, efficiency and patient satisfaction while reducing costs.
Below is a summary of a case study conducted with Hematology Oncology Consultants in Orlando, Florida after their adoption of our patient portal. For a free download of the full case study with more detailed information including cost savings, registration completion percentages, and patient satisfaction survey results, please join our Meaningful Use newsletter on the right side of this page, send a request to info@, or call 800-925-4456.
Hematology Oncology Consultants, P.A. is an established practice with six oncologists and two locations in the Orlando, Florida region. They had not yet adopted an electronic health record system (EHR) and were looking for a solution that could help them achieve three goals:
- Offer their patients electronic access to their medical records and solve additional criteria to help them qualify for the federal HITECH Act Meaningful Use incentives.
- Begin capturing patient information in a structured database that had the flexibility to integrate with any future EHR vendor they selected.
- Find a cost effective solution that would improve their new patient registration process while providing them with hard cost savings.
- Printing and mailing registration packets to new patients was inefficient and costly.
- New patient data wasn’t being captured in a structured database.
- Patient information was often incomplete or illegible.
- Patient education materials weren’t being delivered in a timely manner when they were the most relevant.
- Patients did not have electronic access to their medical records, which left the clinic unable to qualify for Meaningful Use incentives.
Navigating Cancer Patient Engagement Portal
- New patients register online from the comfort of home where they have access to their medical history resulting in more complete and legible forms.
- Patient information now captured in a structured database, and once integrated with an EHR, will provide patients with access to their medical records online, both requirements to qualify for the Meaningful Use incentives.
- Patient education materials now delivered electronically, another requirement to qualify for the Meaningful Use incentives. Eliminated the need for paper materials, freeing up storage space in the clinic.
- Eliminated hard costs for printing and mailing new patient registration materials, saving $100 per doctor per month.
- High patient satisfaction, with 90% of patients agreeing or strongly agreeing that the online registration process was better than filling out paper forms.
For a free download of the full case study with more detailed information including cost savings, registration completion percentages, and patient satisfaction survey results, please join our Meaningful Use newsletter on the top right sidebar of this page.
For more information or a demo of our patient portal, please email us at info@ or call 800-925-4456.