Navigating Cancer’s mission is to empower cancer patients to navigate the journey to their best care. One critical component to finding the right information is having access to others just like you to ask questions, to learn from and to receive encouragement when you need it most.
We are looking for patients, caregivers or survivors to help us build our online community and to provide us feedback as we continue to build Navigating Cancer into a great service for cancer patients and their loved ones. If you are passionate about helping other people and want to engage with others as they join Navigating Cancer, this might be of interest to you.
What are the responsibilities?
- Welcoming new members in your disease area to the site when they sign on
- Providing encouraging comments to new member experiences
- Starting discussions, asking questions and commenting on already established discussions
- Moderating the Navigating Cancer group in your disease area
- Adding and posting recommendations and interesting documents or articles to groups that you belong to
- Encourage other patients you may know to join and provide feedback
- Introduce members to content, stories or groups they may be interested in
- Provide feedback to Navigating Cancer on areas where we can improve
How much time will it take?
1-2 hours per week minimum, broken up ideally in small time increments. We’d like you to check the site at least once a day for 15-30 minutes if possible.
What do I receive?
Besides the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping others, we will provide $250 every 6 months in the form of a gift card to your favorite store, cash or a donation to your favorite cancer charity. We’re looking for a minimum 6-month commitment.
How do I apply?
Please send a written statement to info@ telling us about you and why you’re passionate about helping others.
We look forward to hearing from you!