Last updated November 7, 2022
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Use of the Navigating Cancer APIs is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Navigating Cancer APIs. Navigating Cancer may refuse to offer the Navigating Cancer APIs to any person or entity and may change its eligibility criteria, at any time, in its sole discretion.
PERMISSIBLE USE OF NAVIGATING CANCER APIS
Navigating Cancer provides access to our application programming interfaces (“APIs”), including the Standardized API for patient and population services API (“Standardized API”), the Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture API (“C-CDA API”), and any additional APIs we may add in the future (individually or collectively, the “Navigating Cancer API(s)”) to patients and developers. You will only access (or attempt to access) the Navigating Cancer APIs by the means described in the documentation. You will not misrepresent or mask your identity or the identity of your client application. If Navigating Cancer assigns you Authentication Credentials, you must use them with the applicable APIs. The access and authentication requirements are better described in the documentation for the particular Navigating Cancer API; your Authentication Credentials may only be used for the applicable Navigating Cancer APIs only. Navigating Cancer reserves the right to change, update, add or discontinue Navigating Cancer APIs or functionality or features to the Navigating Cancer APIs at our discretion with or without notice.
Your use of the Navigating Cancer APIs may be monitored and logged. You hereby agree to such monitoring.
You agree to immediately notify Navigating Cancer of any security flaws, vulnerabilities, or deficiencies identified through normal use of Navigating Cancer APIs by contacting email@example.com. You agree to not publicly disclose security flaws, vulnerabilities, or deficiencies in the Navigating Cancer APIs or other Navigating Cancer applications, systems, devices, or networks of which you become aware.
You represent and warrant that any and all registration information you provide to Navigating Cancer in connection with your access to the Navigating Cancer APIs is accurate, complete, and up to date. All notices will be sent to the email address provided with registration, unless you otherwise provide notice with an update. To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are interested in authentication credentials/tokens for the C-CDA API or the Standardized API. The process for obtaining a Developer License may require a final verification of the app before granting production access which may include a review of the app’s technical specifications, privacy & security information or agreements and a demo of the app.
You must maintain the confidentiality of all passwords, user IDs, tokens, etc. (“Authentication Credentials”) and may not provide such credentials to third parties. You are responsible for all apps, products, and software that are developed or use your Authentication Credentials and any breach of security caused by your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your Authentication Credentials. You shall immediately notify Navigating Cancer at email@example.com in the event of any loss, theft, unauthorized use or other compromise or breach of the security or confidentiality of your Authentication Credentials.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining, and paying for all hardware, software, and all telecommunications and other services needed for you to use the Navigating Cancer APIs.
You agree to not utilize the Navigating Cancer APIs for any action that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- in any way that could pose a threat to, disrupt, interfere with, harm, or impair the Navigating Cancer APIs, Navigating Cancer or other Navigating Cancer services, applications, systems, devices, or networks, or Navigating Cancer clinics’, patients’, or other users’ use of Navigating Cancer APIs,
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Navigating Cancer’s computing, storage or communications infrastructure, uses the Navigating Cancer APIs in a manner that constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data or other information of Navigating Cancer or any third party;
- is designed to obtain materials, data, or information for purposes of gaining a competitive advantage over Navigating Cancer;
- harvests or collects any information from the Site; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Navigating Cancer.
You shall not:
- decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive, reconstruct, identify, or discover any source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms of the Navigating Cancer APIs by any means;
- remove any proprietary notices, labels, or marks from the Navigating Cancer APIs;
- interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Navigating Cancer APIs in any way, including, without limitation, by restricting, inhibiting, or interfering with the ability of any other user to use the Navigating Cancer APIs (including by means of hacking or defacing any portion of the Navigating Cancer APIs, or by engaging in spamming, flooding, or other disruptive activities);
- disrupt, interfere with, modify, bypass, or otherwise circumvent Navigating Cancer’s functionality or features, limitations, security measures, technical processes, availability, integrity, or performance (or attempt the same);
- transmit or attempt to transmit data over a Navigating Cancer API unless such transmission is authorized and formatted in accordance with applicable specifications in the Navigating Cancer API implementation guide; or
- conduct security research on or testing against Navigating Cancer APIs, services, applications, systems, devices, or networks without prior written approval from Navigating Cancer.
Navigating Cancer may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your access to the Navigating Cancer APIs should your conduct fail to conform strictly with any provision of this section.
You agree that your connection with the Navigating Cancer APIs may not pose a risk of a security breach to the Navigating Cancer system. You must deploy industry standard security controls, including but not limited to encryption and utilize authentication and audit logging protocols. You must maintain the security of your authentication to Navigating Cancer’s APIs and may not share it with any third parties.
THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS (AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS (COLLECTIVELY, THE CONTENT)) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON- INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. NAVIGATING CANCER CANNOT ENSURE THAT THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON ITS SERVER OR OTHER SYSTEMS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES, AND NAVIGATING CANCER CANNOT ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON ITS WEBSITE AND THROUGH THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS WILL BE ACCURATE. NAVIGATING CANCER, AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE CONTENT IS TIMELY, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; (B) THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (C) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (E) THE RESULTS OF USING THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE NAVIGATING CANCER APIS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL AND HEALTHCARE CONSULTATION DEPENDS ON THE PRECISE FACTS OF EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL CASE. THE CONTENT IS IN NO WAY A SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY SUCH PROFESSIONAL CONSULTATION. NAVIGATING CANCER DOES NOT ENDORSE, OR RECOMMEND, OR IN ANY MANNER ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR, ANY CONTENT. NAVIGATING CANCER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, OR NAVIGATING CANCER APIS WILL BE ACCURATE OR OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN WARRANTY LIMITATIONS, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TERM, TERMINATION, SUSPENSION AND REVOCATION
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
“Navigating Cancer” as well as page headers, custom graphics, buttons, images and other content on the website, are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or licenses held by Navigating Cancer, Inc. or its licensors, supplier or partners. Other trademarks, product names and company names or logos used on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly authorized, the use or misuse of any trademarks, trade names, logos, images, graphics or content from the Navigating Cancer APIs is strictly prohibited.